- Welcome to VERTEX Users
- People who can help!
- VERTEX User Achievements
Welcome to Vertex Users
Here we introduce you to users of VERTEX modules and offer them a
sincere welcome to the VERTEX User Group. We hope they will make full
use of these pages and look forward to their input.
- The Poppy's Knitwear factory in Tiripur, India
- LVK Babywear in Bangalore, India.
- Sunspel Manufacturing in Long Eaton, UK.
- P K International of Gujarat, India.
- RFD Beaufort (Safety Equipment) in Birkenhead, UK.
- Jay Jay Mills of Avissawela, Sri Lanka.
- Performance Manufacturing in Thailand.
- Omareef Group factories in Thailand and China.
- Caldeira - The Cushion Factory in Knowsley, UK.
- Another Jeweltex factory in Morocco.
- Ravikumar Indian Designs of Bangalore.
- Structure-Flex of Billingham, UK.
- NNE Manufacturing - the "Next" factory in Sri Lanka.
- Europa Garments in Bangalore, India.
- Alpha Garments in Bangalore, India.
- First Steps Babywear in Bangalore, India.
- Jaguar (PVT) Limited in Faisalabad, Pakistan.
- The Classic Apparel menswear factory in Fiji.
- Jeweltex - MAST Industries factory unit in the Maldives.
- Madura Garments in Bangalore, India.
- The Tunisian factory of Fashionwear, Leicester.
Also, we have been pleased to note the following Vertex users who
decided to extend their systems with other modules in the Vertex
range. If you are undecided about integrating you might like to be put in
touch - just e-mail or give us a call on (44) 1476 563188
- Burberry UK have adopted the Vertex Flexible Working Time-Bank at Castleford.
- Poppy's Knitwear have also installed Vertex Time & Attendance.
- Manchester Hosiery of Hinckley, UK - added Vertex Raw Materials Control
- P K International have added Vertex Raw Materials Control.
- Sunspel Manufacturing also adopted Vertex Time & Attendance.
- P K International also installed Time & Attendance at Gujarat.
- Bodywrappers Inc. in New Jersey, USA - added Vertex Time & Attendance.
- The Burberry factory at Castleford - added Vertex Time & Attendance.
- Citifax of Corby, UK - added Vertex Time & Attendance.
- Manchester Hosiery of Hinckley, UK - added Vertex Time & Attendance.
- Gransfors Bruks Inc., USA, added Vertex Time & Attendance.
- Caldeira, St Helens, UK - added Vertex Raw Materials Control.
- Mortex of Coventry, UK - added Vertex Time & Attendance.
People who can help!
This is a new feature in the Vertex web site. Because of our long
association with manufacturers around the world, we have often been asked
for advice regarding the employment of consultants. In particular, when new
production lines or units are to be set up or existing lines converted to more
modern working methods, the help of knowledgeable and reliable advisors can be
invaluable. We have in the past been able to recommend people who we know
from our own experience to be expert, dependable and cost-effective.
These introductions have led to successful contracts and served to build our
own reputation for effective support. So if you have a situation developing
which could use some available expertise, maybe in a new production unit
overseas or nearer to home, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
We must emphasise that we play no part in negotiating terms or contracts and
charge no fees. Our service is simply to recommend and to put the parties in
touch. The calibre of our people can be gleaned from the examples which
- Lincoln Banks - extensive production experience
in an executive and industrial engineering capacity - lately of Baird Menswear
Group. Contracted to Textile Industries Company in Egypt to review and refine
production for Liz Claiborne and Tommy Hilfiger.
- Paul Cooper - has held responsible engineering
and factory management positions for Dewhirst UK, Dewhirst Indonesia,
Dewhirst Morocco, Grasshopper, Quantum Cambodia and Gloria Vanderbilt Jordan.
Commensurate with this background, Paul brings considerable expertise to bear.
A detailed CV for this expert industrial engineer is available on request.
- Tom Shepard and Betty Hinton - operating in the
East Coast states of the USA, Tom and Betty provide an expert consultancy service
to apparel manufacturers. They bring to bear substantial knowledge of Vertex systems
and considerable expertise covering all aspects of garment manufacture from line
commissioning to supply chain management and offshore production. If you would
like to be put in contact with Tom and Betty, do use the "contact us" facility and
we will be delighted to forward your enquiry.
Good News from VERTEX Users..
The moves by many UK companies towards manufacturing off-shore have been
accompanied by excellent reports on how useful VERTEX Plus has been in
this context. Courtaulds (Sara Lee) and Coats Viyella (Quantum) in particular
take advantage of the ease by which data can be collected off-shore, formatted
and transmitted back to UK in data-base form. Vertex Plus has a link to the
BPCS system used by Sara Lee - for more details of this link please e-mail.
We continue to be pleasantly surprised by user's contributions to our
development work, particularly with new ventures. In this context
SECO Aluminium played a major part in perfecting our stillage tracking system,
while Fashionwear and Shadowline have played a similar role with the new
Stock & BOMs module.
We note with pleasure the coverage Clothing World gave to one of our most
dynamic users, Kearsley Manufacturing of Bolton. Every picture tells its tale
and the one below, reproduced by kind permission of the Editor, seems to
reflect their success.
Pictured above at Kearsley Manufacturing in Bolton, achievers of the
Investors in People Standard, are Barbara Bond, Administrator; Nick Medina,
Managing Director; and Robert Wright, Method Study Manager.